Green Tea’s Benefit
It has not been proven that daily consumption of green tea has any health benefits, though it is statistically associated with lessened risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and death from any cause. However, this may be linked more with the less-stressed lifestyle and increased water consumption of habitual green tea drinkers, compared to non-green-tea-drinkers, than the tea itself.
Green tea makes up over 50% of China’s tea market share. In TCM it has a high medicinal value and is, therefore, used as both a beverage and a medicine in China.
Take a Tea Culture Experience Tour with China Highlights
We have designed a tour specially for tea fans to experience tea culture at Meijiawu Tea Plantation.1-Day Dragon Well Tea Culture Tour.
What You Will Experience in this Tour:
- Step into a tea plantation at Meijiawu Village and pick tea leaves by hand.
- Learn from a local tea specialist the process of stir-frying tea and the art of making tea.
- Visit the China National Tea Museum to glean a general idea of Chinese tea classification and history.
- Sample a local tea snacks banquet.
Or just tell us your interests and requirements and we will help you to create your own tea culture tour.
- China’s Top Tea Culture Cities
- Hangzhou National Tea Museum — a Great Place for Tea Lovers
- West Lake Dragon Well Tea — the Famous Green Tea
- Tea Classification — Different Types of Tea